I, Dmytro Nehrii, PE, will be the Processor of the personal data you provide to me via this website greattranslations.com.ua or any other means. I only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information. This does however include name and email, and may also include postal address, phone number, ID or tax number, payment and delivery conditions, financial and bank account details, provided that we shall enter into contract.
Why I need your data
Visitors to my website are not obliged to provide personal data. Nevertheless, anyone interested in my services can contact me via the contact information provided, and some personal data has to be collected in order to establish communication.
The legal basis for processing your data is to perform the services you request or to take necessary steps prior to fulfilling that request and complying with legal requirements. I collect, store and use such personal data for the purposes of issuing a quote, providing translation, copywriting, revision or consulting services that you request or to comply with legal requirements.
I do not use your personal data for marketing purposes. I will not collect any personal data from you I do not need in order to provide services to you.
Categories of data subjects
I hold data on clients, suppliers, collaborators, data processors and potential clients for legitimate interests.
What I do with your data
I process all the personal data myself, however the information sent via e-mail is stored on servers located in Ukraine. No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
How long I keep your data
The data will be retained throughout the business relationship only, or for the length of time stipulated to comply with legal and tax obligations.
Data relating to quotes will be retained for up to six months. In cases of work carried out, I am obliged to retain your personal data for five years to comply with tax obligations. I will delete email communication after five years.
Content data I don’t have any legal basis to retain
If you send me files that contain personal data for me to evaluate the price and/or possibility of translating them (or providing other related services), and we don’t eventually enter in an agreement (written, oral or by e-mail correspondence), I will destroy all such data and the files you have provided.
What are your rights
You are entitled to access, modify, erase or contest the personal data that I hold, in accordance with the EUROPEAN GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (EU) 2016/679. You are welcome to contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any personal information submitted via contact forms will not be used for marketing purposes and will not be passed to any third parties.
Some pages with contact forms use the reCAPTCHA technology by Google. You can read the respective privacy notice here.
Online presence in social media
Confidential information other than your personal data
My Data Protection regime includes the following security procedures (more information can be found here):
• Safeguarding of content: I take care to prevent unauthorized parties from accessing personal data, confidential project files and content.
• No discussion: I do not discuss confidential project content with unauthorized parties.
• No paper copies: I either do not create paper copies, or am willing to agree to shred them upon project completion.
• Dedicated project folder: I am willing to agree to keep separate file folders for separate clients.
• Confidential collaboration: I do not disclose confidential information when obtaining assistance from fellow translators on term selection, etc.
• No cloud MT/TM/etc.: I am willing to agree not to use any cloud-based translation memory, machine translation, optical character recognition (OCR) or other such cloud-based services that involve disclosure of content to third-party systems.
• No TM/MT sharing: I am willing to agree not to share a given client’s TMs and MT training data with other professionals.
• Dedicated computer: I have a dedicated computer for translation work.
• Locked computer: My work computer is password protected.
• Sole user: I am the only person who uses my computer.
• Antivirus: My computer has up-to-date antivirus software.
• File scanning: All incoming/outgoing files are scanned for viruses and malware.
• Private screen: My computer’s screen is not visible through a window.
• Password-protected network: My home office’s network is password protected.
• Firewall: My home office’s network is protected by a firewall.
• No outside wifi: I do not use, or am willing to agree not to complete a project using, wifi outside of my home office.
• Non-disclosure of clients: I do not disclose my clients’ identities or contact information, or the identities or contact information of their clients or vendors, without first obtaining permission to do so.
• Non-disclosure of processes, rates: I do not discuss my clients’ internal processes, tools, rates of payment, or other such information, without first obtaining permission to do so.
• Private correspondence: I consider communications with clients to be confidential and do not disclose emails or other such correspondence.
• Password management: I have a professional approach to passwords that involves (1) strong/long passwords; (2) different passwords for different sites/services; and (3) periodic password rotation.
• Conflict of interest: If I experience a conflict of interest, or recognize the possibility of that perception, I will immediately discuss that with my client.
• No privileged actions: It is my policy not to take any actions (ex. buying stock) as a result of having gained access to confidential information.
• Illegal activities: If I became aware of any illegal activity, it is my policy to immediately report that to the relevant authorities, and to my client if appropriate.
• Disclosure reporting: In case of inadvertent disclosure of confidential information I would notify my client immediately.
• Assumption of confidentiality: Absent agreement to the contrary, my assumption is that files and content are to remain confidential.
• Experience with secure projects: I have experience in working with highly confidential content.
• No subcontracting: I do not subcontract/outsource work, or I do not do so without client permission.